Sunday, October 5, 2008

Acetate Fun

Well first off, it has been like a week since I lasted posted anything and I thought to myself; why not post other things on here then just cards. I mean why not let others see the cutest that is my life (at times). Here is the cutest cat Jasper (kinda evil) =). Yet he does know how to sleep very well. Wish I had his life at times!!

Of course he needs to have his blanket and bed or he is not a happy camper =)

Well back to the task at hand. I experimented during conference today on acetate cards (transparency film) being I wanted something different for my holiday cards this year. Figured I would keep it simple right: WRONG =). Here is what I have come up with so far:

I used Old Olive for the scalloped edge and Real Red/Old Olive ink to match. I heat embossed the tree with craft Old Olive. The base is the normal cardbase 4.25x5.5, scored at 5.5. I used a piece of Whisper White card stock for the backing measured 4.25x5.5. I adhered it to the back front using glue dots. Embellish as needed. A little simple for my tatse but it will have to do. Here are some other angles of this card:

On this other card, I like the strip of Real Red around the front, but the Brads are not perfect and people knowing m, that is an issue =). I heat embossed the snowflakes using the Snowburst set from last years SU mini. The tree gets covered up a little when it is closed but when it is opened, I guess that is the look it is suppose to have. Old Olive ink was used as well.

Here is what is looks like closed. I do like the images on the inside, I just need to get used to working with a see through card base =)

1 comment:

ElisaBell said...

Love the acetate cards! They look beautiful. Thanks for letting me have some of your acetate so I can try making one. You're amazing!