Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weekend Fun

Well the blogging has begun. Being it was my birthday a few weekends ago I received a bunch of lovely gifts from my parents and friends. Also with swaps coming up this month I thought I would put them to good use and make my swaps with the gifts and my Thank You cards. Here is what I came up with for the cards over this past weekend: The card base is Riding Hood Red (standard size) with Pink Pirouette and Whisper White. I used the Flight of the Butterfly set and ink to match, with Chocolate Chip for the wording. Embellish as needed. I found this one quite fun to put together being it was so simple (KISS)!!
I also was able to get together with my friend Elisabeth and play with some stamps and techniques this weekend, which I found quite fun as well. With my Aunt feeling a little down I thought it would be nice to get her card together and mail it to her. I think that everyone enjoys getting things in the mail when they are fun =). Here was a lovely card that Elisabeth showed me and of course I had to CASE it to some degree:
The recipe for this card is: Bashful Blue for the card base (standard size) with the layers being Chocolate Chip and Whisper White. The set is: Pocket Silhouettes and for the life of me I cannot remember the what set the wording belongs to. I used the same ink and Close to Cocoa ribbon and just embellished a little bit. I do love to deviate =)

For my dads birthday this year I thought I would experiment in the Brayered Effect. My dads birthday is on Halloween so what fun it always is in making his card. Elisabeth showed me how much fun this technique is and I just had to give it a shot for my dad of course:

The recipe for this card was quite simple really. I used the Spectrum ink pad that is now retired (how sad) and a brayer. I used Basic Black for the card base and Old Olive for the layer under the stamped. I brayed on Whisper White and also used the Frightful Fence jumbo wheel. Also on the card is Eat Cake. As you can see very hard (not). Once the brayered technique is mastered anything is possible =)

On the last project this weekend, I sampled my Thanksgiving cards using the Brayered Effect. This one was more complicated being I needed to use like multiple ink pads. I'm amazed it did not turn out to look like a blob. The recipe for this was: So Saffron for the card base. Chocolate Chip for the layer under the Whisper White. I brayed on Whisper White with So Saffron to begin. I then cut a post it note using the 1 3/8" circle punch and placed that on the Saffron ink layer. I brayered over that with Pumpkin Pie. I used a sponge to add Rose Red (or Ruby Red) around the edges. Also Close to Cocoa on top of that with a sponge. The stamp sets are: Inspired by Nature (which I'm gonna love) and Thoroughly Thankful. This is beautiful I think and elegant in its own way!!!

1 comment:

dcprattfamily said...

Casey... so glad you "hopped on!" One of the things I miss most is card night with all the girls!! I love your projects!